step in to my office


Woah there Jenna!  Woaaaah! Just relaxing in the office in a Pam Hogg/Terry Richardson/Anna Piaggi inspired get up there? I like it!  (This picture is only relevant in that The Lyons is in an office.)  And so...

Allanis has taken to working from home from time to time.  He doesn't have quite such a spectacular outfit to wear as Madame Lyons whilst doing so I'm afraid but we can work on that. The Baby (who is of course absolutely not a Baby any longer but The Toddler doesn't slip off the tongue so easily so I'm keeping that moniker for now) and I LOVE having him at home but the thing is, Working From Home really means that.  There are no inverted commas here. So he needs a bit of peace and quiet.  Thankfully the bureau that I mentioned before serves as a fabulous desk space but the rest of the spare room needs bringing up to scratch so, I have been hunting about the image banks for some inspiration. The thing about an work space at home is that you don't want it to be all intrays and staplers and biros with lost lids and those weird elastic band balls that always seem to be kicking about. Unobtrusive and practical you know? Sounds a bit dull but it doesn't have to be. Here are some of my faves...

This desk looks a bit like a rustic cluttered shelf to me but oh! Those chairs!

 
This would be perfect for my beautiful friend Tiggy.  Florist extraordinaire  and purveyor of the most exquisite chinashe deserves a space as pretty as this to work in. 


This is a cute wee nook if you're short on space.  That lamp might possibly drive me bonkers. And you couldn't meet with anyone especially tall or they'd have their eye out. But you might have fairly average sized friends/colleagues and in that case, here you are.  You're welcome!

  
This is perfectly unobtrusive.  Practical and yet still aesthetically pleasing.  Who'd have thought it?



This on the other hand is very small.  But if you only need a laptop and a notepad something like this would work perfectly. (Love that wall colour with the warm wood too.)

 
And here my loves, we apparently have Marie Antoinette's desk space. A bit much?  Yes! But as my Grandmother always used to say, it takes all sorts. (I'm guessing something like this would be met with open mouthed horror by Allanis, which might be good for a laugh.)


And here is the polar opposite.  It's a bit Schoolroom Utility isn't it but I like it. (I am also obsessed with those portraits. I can't work out if I really like them or if they might possibly give me nightmares for ever more. Who are they by?!)



And don't forget the chair.  I will place the kibosh on any suggestion of a common or garden wheely abouty office chair ever entering my home.  No.  Not happening.  You want comfort you go Eames and That Is That. This was my last desk chair when I was at work and if I could have smuggled it out when I left, heavily pregnant and damp of eye I would have done.  Bloody excellent piece of design. I could bore for Britain about my love for The Eames' and their genius but I'll spare you.  I'm aware we all have weekends to get started on in a matter of hours.

 
And this is my absolute favourite. Gorgeousness. And not obtrusive at all (if you have a MASSIVE room to put it in.)
 
 
 
House tour and a quite fabulous hotel coming next week treasures. Have a good weekend y'all!
 
Hx

5. forgotten source, 6. the decorista, 7. sf girl by bay, 8. forgotten source.}

Comments

  1. I would absolutely die if I had Jenna's wardrobe. DIE. (Side note: working from home can be tough -- I learned that after my attention starved puppy chewed on ALL of my boots. Goodbye Maison M Margiela...)

    Anyways, I love your pic choices for the interior inspiration. Now that I have all this apartment space, I can't decide what I want to do. My butt really wants to sit in those leathery, buttery chairs in the second to the last photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts