a little drama

Yesterday I was searching for lighting inspiration for a client  (MAJOR kitchen project peeps) and I came across this apartment.  The kitchen is tiny and part of an open plan set up. The whole place is small but the owners have gone for high impact and a dramatic decor, deciding to work with the imposing orginal architectual details like the mahoosive windows and doors.  I mean we're talking biiiig doors here.  I am a firm believer that small spaces actually look better and bigger when some bold statements are made.  Playing with dimensions and defining spaces make for a way more interesting and inviting place then painting everything in a neutral colour and hoping that it'll look bigger as a result.

Lighting plays a big part in adding depth to a small space and can trick the mind into thinking a room is...well, roomier than it actually is.  The owners of this place have used a lot of layered lighting as well as choosing both luxurious and low key furniture that is full of personality but isn't overly cluttered.  (Except for the Buddha corner.  I'm not so sure about the Buddhas, but that's just me.  (In my mind I just hear my Mother muttering 'dust trap'.)

See what you think and have a super weekend loves. x
















{images via The Kichn and Apartment Therapy}

Comments

Popular Posts