ines de la fressange does it right


And just to prove I am a complete and utter contrary Mary after harping on about the delights of dark walls, here is a study in pink...

Ines de le Fressange (I have never really known how to say her name Eeeeenes, Innes?  I do wish I were more cosmopolitan, seriously) and her Paris apartment appeared on The Selby yonks ago.  I loved it then and I love it now.  Couldn't live with it myself but it doesn't mean it's not great . I have tried.  When I was nineteen I had a bedroom that was this pink.  (Why I waited until I was nineteen to immerse myself in pink rather than getting it over and done with at like, 6 is one of the mysteries of the modern age but let's not get bogged down in the whys and wherefores of all that now.)  I was about to come home from uni for the holidays when my parents set about decorating my room. My Mother called me with A DistinctTone to her voice.  'Are you sure about this Hayey?' she asked 'because I have to tell you, it it making the whole landing actually GLOW and I hate it'.  I stuck to my guns and reassured them that it would be great when all the furniture was back in there.  I was sure then it would glow less.


You can tell where I'm going with this can't you?  I mean it was so hideous I could barely sleep at night and when I was writing my two dissertations in there over the summer the room actually seemed to actually seemed to make a 'wowowowowow' hummy noise.  It did I swear.  I lived with it for about six months and then I gave in and it went back to white.  My Mum was gleeful that day, but secretly so was I.  



Anyway, the moral of the story is that pink is often heinous, but Ines does it beautifully. I'm not overly keen on the luxey taupe room but that shade just screams EXPENSE does it not and I imagine In The Real it looks amaze.


I saw photos of her holiday home the other day which is a complete contrast to this.  If I can remember where on earth they were I'll show you.  There was no pink in the holiday home.  As far as I am aware my Mother has not taken Ines to one side and staged an intervention....

{images via: the selby}

Comments

  1. Are those gold walls in the last pic? If so I love them, but don't like the rest of the room. I love the pink though, and that rug. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts